22. September 2010 :: SchilliX-0.7.2
- SchilliX-0.7.2 is also Illumos based
- xz is now included as /opt/schily/bin/xz and /usr/bin/xz
- SchilliX-0.7.2 is now self hosting - it allows to compile the Illumos base on Schillix after you installed sfw.tar.xz and after you installed sunstudio-12.1 and jdk1.6.0_18
- Except sunstudio-12.1 and jdk1.6.0_18 there is not longer a need for closed source tools
- The K&R cpp source (created by the SchilliX project to make OpenSolaris self hosting) is inside the latest schily source consolidation at https://sourceforge.net/projects/schilytools/files/
14. September 2010 :: OpenSolaris self-hosting project successfull
- Illumos compiles completely on SchilliX-0.7.1i+
- 2.6 GB of additional software from the Solaris sfw consolidation is ready for SchilliX
- A replacement for the closed source K&R C-preprocessor was written (starting from the cpp from UNIX-32v from 1978, thanks to SCO for making the code available under BSD license)
- currently testing the cpp correctness as it is needed for rpcgen(1), dtrace(1) and as(1).
6. September 2010 :: Release of SchilliX 0.7.1i
- Updated to use the Illumos snapshot from september 3rd 2010 which is OpenSolaris Nevada Build 147
31. August 2010 :: Release of SchilliX 0.7.1
- Updated to use OpenSolaris Nevada Build 147+ (the latest code from Oracle, source updated from Oracle stopped on August 18th 2010)
- Now using "xz" compressoion. use either xz binary from this directory or compile from xz-4.999.9beta.tar.bz2
23. July 2010 :: Release of SchilliX 0.7.0
- Updated to use OpenSolaris Nevada Build 130
- Updated to use new Schily tools (e.g. cdrtools-3.00)
- The history editor in the Bourne shell now supports multi byte character locales.
1. July 2008 :: Release of SchilliX 0.6.7
- Updated to use OpenSolaris Nevada Build 92
- Fixed a bug in the IP Kernel implementation that caused a buffer overflow: http://www.trapkit.de/advisories/TKADV2008-003.txt
- Fixed a bug in hsfs that could cause the kernel to panic if a non-hsfs filesystem was tried to be mounted as hfsf.
4. April 2008 :: Release of SchilliX 0.6.6
- Updated to use OpenSolaris Nevada Build 86
- Added several dozen PCI aliases to support never hardware variants.
- New ipk wireless driver for the intel PRO/Wireless 4965AGN interface
17. March 2008 :: Release of SchilliX 0.6.5
- Updated to use OpenSolaris Nevada Build 85
5. March 2008 :: Release of SchilliX 0.6.4
- Updated to use OpenSolaris Nevada Build 84
- In kernel CIFS client is now included
22. February 2008 :: Release of SchilliX 0.6.3
- Updated to use OpenSolaris Nevada Build 83
- /.profile now sets IGNOREEOF=on
- /.profile now switches sh to jsh (activates job-control via set -m)
- pkgrm now works
11. February 2008 :: Release of SchilliX 0.6.2
- Updated to use OpenSolaris Nevada Build 82
- Installing SVr4 based packets now works "out of the box"
- Blastwave pkg-get is included in /opt/csw/bin/
- The script "csw-base" installs 256 command line oriented base program packets from Blastwave.
- The script "csw-gnome" installs GNOME and other X based program packets from Blastwave.
4. February 2008 :: Release of SchilliX 0.6.1
- Updated to use OpenSolaris Nevada Build 81
- Added libC to allow using C++ programs
- /sbin/sh (and thus /bin/sh and /bin/jsh) now include an editable command line history and a file name completion. This has been implemented by linking against code from Jörg Schilling ("bsh"), a shell that implements command line history editing since August 1984. The interfaces are based on the results of reseach done between 1982 and 1984.
- SchilliX-0.6.1 again includes a SVr4 package database.
25. January 2008 :: Release of SchilliX 0.6
- Updated to use OpenSolaris Nevada Build 80
- New keyboard layout setup method
- The schily tools have been updated
- SCCS is now the enhanced schily SCCS
7. April 2006 :: Release of SchilliX 0.5.2
- Updated to use OpenSolaris Nevada Build 36
- Enhanced DHCP eventhook to deal with multiple DHCP networks on multiple interfaces
02. March 2006 :: Release of SchilliX 0.5.1
Changes since SchilliX-0.4.5:
- Updated to use OpenSolaris Nevada Build 35
- X support added. To run X, boot one of the first two
GRUB entries, log in as root and then call "startx"
30. Januray 2006 :: Schillix has a new HomePage
26. January 2006 :: Release of SchilliX 0.4.3
- Updated to use OpenSolaris Nevada Build 31
13. January 2006 :: Release of SchilliX 0.4.2
- Updated to use OpenSolaris Nevada Build 30
04. January 2006 :: Release of SchilliX 0.4.1
- Updated to use OpenSolaris Nevada Build 29
12. December 2005 :: Release of SchilliX 0.4
- Updated to use OpenSolaris Nevada Build 28
- WLAN Support added
If there is an "open" WLAN available that supports DHCP,the related interface is automatically configured after the boot.
To configure the wlan, check the "wificonfig" command (man page included).
Support is available for the following WIFI devices:
- Atheros 52xx Chipset via the "ath" driver
- Pro/Wireless 2100 Chipset via the "ipw" driver
- Pro/Wireless 2200BG/2915ABG Chipsets via the "iwi" driver
- DHCP now sets /etc/resolv.conf and hostname
- New Grub menu entry allows to forward to the default hard disk boot.
21. November 2005 :: Release of SchilliX 0.3
Using Build 27a with zfs support.
All needed libs now fully support 32 and 64 bit versions.
- Updated to star-1.5a70 with fixed -find bugs
- Updated to a cdrecord with better support for ultraspeed CD_RW media.
4. November 2005 :: Release of SchilliX 0.2.2
- Updated to the star-1.5a69 with built in -find support
- Updated to use OpenSolaris Nevada Build 2
21. October 2005 :: Release of SchilliX 0.2
Schillix 0.2 is released. See Changes for mor details.
17. June 2005 :: Release of SchilliX 0.1
We proudly present to you the first release of SchilliX 0.1.
At this time we only support X86 und AMD64 machines.
After the OpenSolaris release on the 14. June 2005 SchilliX is the first distribution using this code under CDDL.
- In 30sec fron bootmanager to multiuser login prompt (HD-boot)
- Booting from CD or USB-Stick.
- Installs to your harddisk
- Self healing Services
- all Schilly tools
- smake as /usr/ccs/bin/make
- ... more to come